[accordion title=””][accordionitem title=”What are the benefits of participating?”]The purpose of our Debutante Cotillion community service program is to provide opportunities for young women in areas ranging from etiquette to college preparation. The program is also filled with social activities and community service projects, and the experience will offer opportunities to broaden each participant’s educational, social, and cultural perspectives. [/accordionitem][accordionitem title=”How do I participate?”] High school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors are encouraged to apply to participate in the Debutante Cotillion Community Service program. Debutantes (High School Seniors) and Sub Debutantes (High School Juniors) will have the opportunity to attend workshops and community service projects, culminating with the highly anticipated formal Debutante Cotillion “A Prevue of Celestial Pearls”. Freshman and sophomores are invited to apply to be Hostesses.[/accordionitem][accordionitem title=”Where do I send my application packet?”] You can send your completed application to:
Forever Pink Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 371494 Decatur, GA 30037-1494 [/accordionitem][accordionitem title=”I missed Cotillion Orientation… can I still participate?”] Yes. Complete the cotillion application and its requirements (i.e. transcripts, letters of recommendation etc.) and bring the completed application to Post Orientation with your parent or guardian.[/accordionitem][/accordion]
The 2019 – 2020 application period has ended.
Requirements for Participation
[tabs titles=”Debutante,Sub Debutante,Hostess”] [pane]
- Must be a Senior in High School at the beginning of the fall school term
- Must have a Cumulative Academic average of at least 2.5
- Must be single
- Must not have children
- Must provide two (2) letters of recommendation; one (1) must be from a school counselor or advisor and the other from a clergy member, or an adult friend such as a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Be a Junior in High School at the beginning of the fall school term
- Have a cumulative academic average of at least 2.5
- Be Single
- Not have children
- Enrolled in school and classified as a freshman or sophomore
- Acceptable moral standards
- Referred by a member of the Forever Pink Foundation, Incorporated
For more information, please contact the Cotillion Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.